September 11, 2009

My September Vacation!


My Vacation days 1-4


I showed up at the HCS with Michael and no one knew why I was there! Michael was supposed to have let the people there know that I was coming but he probably had forgotten. Everyone was a little puzzled. The line I kept repeating to the kind folks greeting me with pleased but questioning faces was "I just hitched a ride with Michael who's teaching a few classes here.I'm only staying one night and then going home tomorrow."

I ran into some old friends from my time at the FDTP two years ago as well as some old friends' little brothers and sisters. It made me SO giddy/happy and brought many small bouncing balls of joy to my heart.
I almost cried when seeing Iona from Taiwan in the dining room. It brought back so many good memories just hugging her. We ran to eacohther and I just held her face and said "are you real???"

The first night, the FDTP was hosting a "story behind the song" night. Michael, Cesco, and Steve lead it. The music was funky and glorious. I even got to join in singing back ups and sang two songs myself. The first song I sang I was so nervous my whole body was shaking. I can't stand singing in front of family young people! Scares the beejees out of me! ... But it felt better just telling everyone that from the stage. "I get SO nervous singing in front of family young people!! !" I think they understood.

So many lovely faces and hearts glowing with goodness. Went to bed that first night in building B, feeling happy, friendly and cozy.

The next morning I attended Michael's classes which were stellar beyond belief. I forget what an amazing legend I have the honor to live and work with. I've learned so much from him and continue to every day.

And of course I really sincerely was "going home tomorrow". But then I found the mountain air was so fresh, the people so sweet, the classes so moving, and the food so great that it made me want to stay yet another night... and then another... and then another.
And soon I found myself camel's nosing myself right into the midst of the FDTP 2009. I spent almost all of my vacation having dejavus from my 17yr.old memories and as well as making some splendid new ones on the way.

I was able to attend Mark (Cash home)'s class which was very, very convicting and inspiring for me. I was also allowed special attendance to all the inspirations, activities and outings. I was able to enjoy the company of insanely wonderful 17-19 yr.old attendies, gloriously wise staff, and my HCS friends whom I treasure beyond belief. Here are some people that stood out to me and made me feel quite happy inside.

ATTENDIES
Rosy - You have such a lovely smile and I think you have a great gift for making those around you feel very loved. You also give such a stellar hug.
Patrick - I admire you. You are rich in humour, poetry, and love.
Angela - You have an angelic aura! I don't know how to explain it! You're a beauty.
Kaori - ... Words cannot expres the love I have for you
Shiro and Ben - All I can say is... hehehe
Esther - Your legs are long and your heart is full of love like a watermelon.
Eman - Your smiles and hugs would make the saddest person happy.
Nana - Hahahaha! I LOVE YOU yo! ... Hey, keep what I told you to YOURSELF!
Vincent - SUPER good to meet you. Keep up the drumming, and go PRO. Can I visit your home someday? :P

FDTP STAFF
Laura - You will always hold a special place in my heart! You made me laugh SO hard with your sex jokes during that word class!!!
Meg, Cryssy, Marie - Thank you SO much for your care and love which makes all the difference in the world.
Robbo and Steve0 - Rat bags!!! You've made me want to live in Australia... BEAR HUGS and kisses!
Aiki - Your wisdom is an inspiration! Your classes are chock full of beautiful real life examples of love... Did i forget to mention how handsome you are?
Gene - thank you thank you thank you!

HCS FRIENDS
Friends and family from the HCS - Awww... too MANY! You know who you are!! Hugs of care and many a prayer. Will visit again soon.. IF you'll allow it.

My Vacation day 5

Back at home I find a lovely, clean and sweet smelling house and room. I also find that my precious bicycle which had a BENT wheel has been fixed and is waiting for me, almost smiling with sparkly anticipation that says "ride me! ride me!!" (.... ahem) ... Which I did! ... First thing in the morning! I can't tell you how much I love riding a bike a far ways...

In the afternoon it was a COSCTO trip with the Rider crew. (Dad, Elaina and kids, Masa Yosh and half kid, Nina, and Ken the kid) After walking through the large "corridors" of Coscto (and winking at Shigs at the counter) and after not buying much at all, we find ourselves at the food court, and it becomes clear why we all decided to go with Daddy to Costco in the first place. Pizza, Chicken Bake, Chef Salad, and drink bar... all on Daddy. :D :D :D :D :) :D :P Hehehee He's da BEST evaaaaaaah!!

PS: Will post some classic new pix LATER!!

No comments: