September 3, 2009

Friends


Hey ! Not sure who reads or doesn't read this blog anymore and I'm sure it doesn't have a thing to do with my fancy and faithful posting... lol. Just happen have a lot on my mind and originally that was what this blog was meant for... Somewhere to put it down :)

Have you ever thought about the treasure that friends are? I can't believe how little I've thought about this, and how I seem to be only just realizing now how often I take each one for granted.

I have subconciously said to myself about some friends "They will always be there"! Well wow... It's not always true. Though I hope and pray all friends will be together again someday, it's amazing how quickly circumstances can cause the best of friends to grow distant... You know.. they get pregnant, married and busy, move away... or I get busy... or worse... things just get awkward after this and that... When it happens it just hurts and you wish you loved more, you wish you were more thankful, and that you treasured each moment more.

It's just so easy overlook much people really mean to you, and then of course you very quickly realise how much they meant, right after they aren't around like they have for so many years.

Well this may sound pretty dramatic... Still if you think about it, we're all just people and we do really need eachother. No one is an island.

I'm really starting to see the mess I would be without those who care about me enough to hang around just waiting for me to give them my time, and let them give me their advice, prayers and love. Selfishness is really a painful death to self over a period of time... It's slow and very subtle.

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Have to say, it sure helps to have a little heartache just to appreciate and really recognize all the things we take for granted each and every day. We completely ignore the little bit of heaven that goes on all the time all around us while we're trapped in our own little "island" and can't see beyond ourselves... I hope each and every hurt will serve as reminders to help me to remember the things that matter most in life! You, you, you, and you!

5 comments:

The Alien Traveler said...

Ah Chala, the pangs of growing up. These things happen, everyone feels them, but so few put them into words.
You just reminded me of when I was 18 and everyone around me was dropping preggers like flies.

Gabriela said...

Hear hear! Oh boy do I know what you mean, Chala...

Anonymous said...

Aww! sweet Chala, youve finally posted! Post more ne, and yes, friends are super important! Gotta love em yes...

-Josh

Chala said...

...and you are some of the best ones!!! Thank you for your kind ways. If you ever leave me will you take me with you?

Josh: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME STAY OVER THERE it was such a blast p.s. I WILL try to post more!

June: I frequent your posh alligator blog :P come over for beer soon

Joyce: I MISS YOU to bits!!! kissy kiss

The Alien Traveler said...

Chala, so shameless. Trying to lure me with vices. ...it's working. Love you!