June 28, 2010

Coming Out of my Hole in the Wall


... And blogging for the first time in months!

There is something so *mendokusai* whenever I think about blogging I put it off like a chore. Especially now days because there are so many many much more friendly things to be doing with my time other than piddling my thoughts out to a possibly not even listening audience!

Also I will always have FB which is quick and easy to use. No one has to write long, deep sentences or punctuate much.

Another reason I find it so hard to blog is because of the guilt factor. I have obtained a fear of blogging ever since hearing my happy brother Masaya's very good (but damaging) advice on the very best blogs.

"The best blogs should be the ones which show love to the readers through providing helpful information. Blogs that are purely devoted to oneself should be avoided" ... Well these aren't his exact words of course (He can feel free to comment and correct me mercilessly) but that is basically the gist of what he said.

For me this happens to be the best and worst advice because I can't seem to find anything helpful to share with the world when it comes to information. I am a simple human being. Still, I refuse to delete my blog.

As long as I take a worthwhile picture or two even just once a year, or a few thoughts on life that I feel I just must eek out to someone... I will upload that picture and I will eek out that thought.

Perhaps just putting "I love you" and the end of a post here and there will do just fine!

From now on (And most of all for now) I am gleefully ignoring all of the above reasons why "I don't blog" and I am writing a thing or two... Mainly for myself (sorry Masa) but also for any friends or bored persons that will randomly (aka accidentally) click on my blog and happily find something new after... what... almost a year?

5 comments:

Xact Claims Services said...

cherish!!! I think you need to blog more often. I actually get inspired reading your posts', more like a devotional because I get reminded how you're this super happy girl who enjoys pretty much everything in life, and I'm quite the opposite.

I mean, that picture is just pure happiness...gosh, I'm trying to aim to be like that. Hee hee. I admire you too much, and I want to see you sometime. IN this new apartment of yours, and met this bf that I never heard of before (hahah).

I love you!!

chara said...

Joan!

I'm pretty sure me having emotional ups and downs is the exact reason I don't blog all that much.

I like to rant about nice things and when I feel sad for the most part I try to follow my happy brothers advice and keep those things to myself and not cover the internet with my dirty laundry and unhappy news. I try to deal with my demons quietly and so that's why you mostly see my better side. (thank God)

My point is I truly doubt that I am (or have been) a happier girl or enjoying my life more than you.

Everyone's got ups and downs... but you're definitely 10 times more beautiful when you're smiling than when you're sad and I wish you many good times in the near future.

It'd be great to see you and would so love to introduce you to Hiroki. Maybe you could take some silhouette pictures of him.

wahahaha! Leetle jokes! Love you too!

Babylove said...

well come on now...I will cherish all your bloggie words, cherish! How I enjoy your bloggie insights

Unknown said...

I view blogs to see how a person is and what they're up to (in thought or person). I turn to google sites for information and God for "getting something".
Glad to see you posting again.
-James

Amy said...

Don't get mad when you read our blog. :0 I do love your words. You are a queen of my heart.