March 3, 2009

A Friend like Ben


Ben (a.k.a. The Bean/Bee/Boon/Bear/Bern/Furn)

He's got cancer, folks. A bump on his head that visibly grows by the day. He's moving slower and sleeping most hours. I've only really cried about it once. It was one of those times when he was just laying there... his tail was wagging by the tip of it, and too tired to get up.

When you rub his head he puts his paw on your hand and closes his eyes real tight. The bump hurts so it's painful for him to try and scratch his head himself. We all take turns itching it for him now.

Without medication they say he has at the most 6 months left to live. If it gets to be too painful we've decided to send him on sooner.

Please pray against any pain. Also that when he goes it will be quick and just like falling into a good nap !

Here is a song that I (and Michael Jackon) will dedicate just for our stinky friend Ben.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqo17o2a1w

Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
!!!!!
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to

I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben

No comments: