Well it seems like for some reason or another (or both) I am the only person from my home who is going to be participating in the PMA (Professional Missionary Academy). For now this just means I'm gonna have to start fundraising (20,000) for it.... Wohooo!
I admit I'm a little bit scared here... I guess mostly cuz I know this (PMA) is gonna take a heck of a lot of self discipline on my part... (aka. a loss of most or all my free time and personal projects, a very hard core and all out attitude, etc.)
Also because it's not just my own project which i wouldn't feel bad to flunk out on but rather is something the whole home has made the decision to sacrifice for and back me up on, as well as the fact that I will be the only one in the home going through the course. ...Gah!!
One very cool thing though is that Mommy is gonna be one of the "mentors" (she gets 3 to 5 students to sort of coach and help through the program... YEAH! Go Mommy!!!)for the PMA participants in Japan and I'm guessing I'll get her as my happy helper! nyahaaha...
(For Amy - PMA is like a college course you can take at home, designed to train YAs and up to be professional missionaries. There's a lot of reading material, home and field assignments, more required witnessing hours, mentors/coaches, etc... actually, to be honest I'm still figuring it out myself.)
A link to the official site ---> http://pma.thefamily.org/
well all that to say... GOSH! Exciting stuff. Prayer power onegaishimasu.
I want to be a pro missionary. Whatever it takes, man... yeah... cool. lets do it.
1 comment:
Bless your heart Cherish, you're a brave one!
I'll pray for you!
Post a Comment